Updates!

Welcome to The Romantic Scholar, a book review blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

After an eight month long hiatus, I am back. And I could not be more excited about it.



***My comments are located at the top of my posts***

Monday, June 8, 2009

In My Mailbox -2

Ok, so this is really late. I totally didn't mean to do this haha. Anyways, In My Mailbox is brought to us by The Story Siren.


So, this week I got two books. One I've been dying to get and one that I got as a promo.

Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Photobucket

Summary:

16-year-old Miranda Merchant is great at science...and not so great with boys. After major drama with her boyfriend and (now ex) best friend, she's happy to spend the summer on small, mysterious Selkie Island, helping her mother sort out her late grandmother's estate.

There, Miranda finds new friends and an island with a mysterious, mystical history, presenting her with facts her logical, scientific mind can't make sense of. She also meets Leo, who challenges everything she thought she knew about boys, friendship...and reality.

Is Leo hiding something? Or is he something that she never could have imagined?


My Thoughts:
I've been waiting for this book to come out and I'm so excited that I was able to get it once it did. I love selkie stories and this one just sounds awesome. I can't wait to see what unfolds between Miranda and Leo!! I've heard so many great things about this book. I'll have the review up soon!!


Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels

Photobucket

Summary:

After Hudson Savage betrayed her, Dana Cardwell hoped never to lay eyes on the seductive cowboy again. Until a bunch of old bones showed up on her family ranch. Suddenly her former lover was back in her life in a big way-to investigate a decades-old crime.

Five years ago, Hud left town with a heart load of regrets. But now, as acting interim marshal, he had a job to do. And this time he wasn't walking away. Because now Dana's life was on the line-as the unsuspecting target of a killer who still walked the canyon. Hud would do whatever it took to keep Dana close. Even if it meant risking his own heart for a second chance for both of them....


My Thoughts:
So, this actually sounds pretty interesting. I got this one as a promo for Harlequin's 60th anniversary. I don't really know anything about this novel, other than the summary and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

3 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

OOOO! I want to read Sea Change so bad!

Ali said...

It looks so amazing!!

Eli said...

LOL at Crime Scene... xDDD

And I really want to read Sea Change~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...