Updates!

Welcome to The Romantic Scholar, a book review blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

After an eight month long hiatus, I am back. And I could not be more excited about it.



***My comments are located at the top of my posts***

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Evermore (Immortals Series #1) by Alyson Noel: Book Cover

My Overall Rating:
5/5

Cover Art:
The cover art for this story is beyond perfect. It fits so well with the story and is a great foreshadowing of events in the story. I just love the tulip!

Age Rating:
There is some violence in this story so I would recommend an age of 14 or 15. I would definitely say that this would be in the middle grade of PG-13 if this book were to be a movie.

Summary:
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste...

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

My Thoughts:
I wasn't sure of what I would think when I began to read this book. But once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. This book is so addicting and with mysteries throughout, you have to keep reading to find out the answers. The characters are so individual and unique within that normalcy we see everyday so they felt real and relatable that I thought they were my own friends. I really felt like I had gotten to know them so well and was becoming Ever as I read on. Alyson Noel really outdid herself on this debut novel to her new series. And I can't wait to read and review the rest for you.

In this first installment, we meet Ever Bloom, a teenager who was orphaned after a horrible car crash. The crash took the lives of her parents, little sister, and beloved dog. Ever since, Ever couldn't understand why she was the one to live. Since the accident, Ever was taken in by her aunt Sabine and moved to a new town with new classmates and a new life with psychic powers! That is where the story begins.

A new boy comes to town and shakes everything up for Ever Bloom as well as the entire school. With this newcomer to town, Ever learns more than she could have ever known before completely turning her world upside down.

Friendships new and old are tested beyond belief in this to-die-for read. I absolutely loved this book. Like I said, I couldn't put it down, and I will definitely be reading it again. Now there are a lot of comments out there that say that this book is a lot like Twilight and Vampire Academy. I really didn't see that. Other than the fact that there is a boy and a girl. This story is very unique and will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end leaving you anxious to read the next one.

I definitely recommend this book to any YA fantasy/supernatural/suspense/romance fan. It is such a great read worth your time.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...