Updates!

Welcome to The Romantic Scholar, a book review blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

After an eight month long hiatus, I am back. And I could not be more excited about it.



***My comments are located at the top of my posts***

Wednesday, November 11, 2009


My Overall Rating:
5/5

Age Recommendation:
I would recommend this book to any young adult girl who loves to laugh. There is some crude humor in it but nothing extreme.

Cover Art:
Again, I absolutely love the cover. It truly matches the randomness and humor of the book and Georgia's life.

Summary:
Time to gird the loins and pucker up.

Blimey O'Reilly's trousers! When Georgia embraced being the girlfriend of a Rock Legend/Luurve God, she thought that was the end of her lovenosity woes. As usual, Georgia is the last to know what she is talking about. Now there's the small matter of a snogging accident involving her matey-type mate Dave the Laugh and some toasted newts in her undercrackers. Can Georgia lock up her red bottom and throw away the key?


My Review:
The second to last book in the series. I can't believe it's almost over. And once again, I am completely blown away by the writings of Louise Rennison. She really is quite a genius.

The complications of Georgia's love life continue. Whether or not she'll be able to go see her beau in Pizza-a-go-go-land, or whether or not the relationship will even work out. Or is he really the one she should be with? In this installment of the Georgia Nicholson Confessions, we get even more tangled up in her crazy life than before. There are issues with friends, boys, and of course family.

As crazy as the series is, it's very easy to relate to a lot of what is going on in Georgia's life. I really like that you can read this book, or series rather, and feel like you're not the only one who has difficulties with friends, boys, and family. Plus, reading about Georgia's issues can sometimes make you feel better about your own. It gives you something to smile about no matter what mood you're in.

This is really an all around feel-good book that is guaranteed to bring you major laughter and brighten any day. I would definitely read it again and again and I would recommend it to every girl I know. This series is just one of those that has to be read. I can't wait to read the next one to see how it all ends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review! I really need to finish this series. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great review. I always love the covers in this series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...